At Plymouth Vision Center, you will find an experienced and helpful team of eye care professionals dedicated to meeting our patients’ eye health needs. Our mission is to exceed the expectations of our patients’ by providing exceptional eye care services. We strive to share our expertise with each patient to inform them of all aspects of their visual health, preventative eye health, and eye care products. Above all, we believe that every person, patient and staff, who steps foot in our office, should be treated with respect, and should leave our office feeling valued.
Optical Assistant Manager/Lead Sales Position
Posted September 29, 2016
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Create exceptional value in the lives of our patients by delivering exceptional customer service. Greet patients without delay when they enter the doctor’s office. Show urgency in providing service to patients and satisfying their needs. Is attentive to details; reviews prescriptions and identifies special and complex needs, assist other optical associates. Perform work accurately and thoroughly despite time pressure and patient volume. Assist in identifying situations involving unsatisfied patients and acts quickly for resolution.
- Demonstrates extensive product knowledge; takes the initiative to accurately describe the features and benefits of various lenses and frames.
- Assist the patient in selecting frames and lenses that are best suited for their lifestyle, Rx and price needs. Suggests improvements and recommends solutions to problems. Assist other optical associates with difficult and complex areas of patient product needs and prescriptions.
- Takes time to help the patients and other optical associates in answering questions giving them a better understanding of available options. Shows patience and courtesy with indecisive or hard-to-please patients; tracks down answers to unfamiliar questions or products.
- Brings opportunities to the attention of management directly and in a timely manner.
- Strives to exceed expectations on all targets set.
- Accurately operates the Point of Sales system, collecting proper payment following company security procedures and retaining proper change for a variety of transactions, such as credit cards, discounts, insurance and coupons.
- Has responsibility as alternative store key holder
- Takes pride in the appearance of the store and shows initiative in keeping the displays and inventory clean, attractive and organized.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
-Strong communicator and listener to patients and associates.
-Strong basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
-Awareness of current fashion trends.
-Strong inter personal skills (friendly, caring, patient).
-Leadership and teamwork.
-Knowledge of optical merchandise. (Preferred but not required)
-Familiarity with point of sale systems, computers and calculators.
High School Graduate or equivalent
Previous optical and sales experience (Preferred but not required)
We are seeking motivated, quality employees looking for long term employment. If you fit this description and are interested in pursuing one of the opportunities listed here, please submit your resume to:
Plymouth Vision Center